Features & Benefits
Flat slide sheets should be used in pairs so that one surface slides against the other. The excellent sliding capability removes the effects of friction and offers a versatile and flexible tool in the safe repositioning of patients. The inclusion of handles on our flat slide sheets allows an easier grasp of the sheets, but they are used in the same way.
How to use
- Make sure that the sheet is large enough for the patient, covering head to feet.
- Ensure that the inner slippy surface is on the inside, not outside.
- Insert the sheets either by rolling the patient side to side or top to bottom, or by unrolling the sheet directly beneath the patient.
- Removal of the sheet can be achieved by turning the outer corners in on themselves and peeling out the sheet using alternate arm movements. This ‘peels’ the sheet out without creating shearing.
- If 2 sheets are used, always remove the bottom one first.
- Wash with detergent or soap at 74’C
- Air dry in a warm room or tumble dry on a low heat
- Do not use bleach
- Do not iron
Flat slide sheets by Karomed can be made to order, so any size is possible. For our standard sizes, or for advice on the correct slide sheet for your needs, please call our sales team on 01460 66033